Friday, November 28, 2008

Thing #8 RSS Feeds

OK, so I continue to take forever to get this right! I actually signed up for feeds from the New York Times and the Columbus Dispatch more than a month ago. I even checked it off on my Learn & Play Tracking log. But wouldn't you know that I didn't do it quite right. It was just one simple detail---Google Reader. I selected the categories for the RSS feed, but didn't do that reader bit. I have now done it correctly.


This was one of the easiest 'things' to accomplish. It's also very practical. I think I'll drop my subscription to the Dispatch and just get feeds from the sections in which I am interested. I'm also going to explore some other resources that might prove worthwhile in getting up RSS feeds.

I must now press on to document Thing 9.

No comments: