Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Thing 5 (better known as Explore Flickr)

Learn & Play Thing 5:

Today is 9/16. I tried Flickr about two weeks ago. Actually, I explored Flickr before my last post on 9/3/08. I guess I sort of got ahead of myself.

Flickr was fun to do. I emported some pictures that were stored on my computer and got some others from the internet. Editing photos is something I like to do. Picnik worked pretty much like any other editing features. Other features that I tried were adding and deleting photos, creating sets, creating groups and entering comments.

I also played around with marking my photos for friends and family only, making them private. I am leery about making personal photos available to anyone. You hear so much about photos being used inappropriately, that it makes one take a second thought.

The one thing I did not like about Flickr was to search photos. Full text gave too many hits; tag searches sometimes yielded none. Doing these searches was very much like doing typical reference searches. The more I refined the search, the better my chances were of finding photos I wanted.

Overall, Flickr is OK.

No comments: